Friday, February 14, 2014

Health Care Options

My work computer is becoming sentient. I'm sure of it. I may not be alive tomorrow.

The cords have wrapped around my ankles and wrists, I can barely move. I am pinned to my chair.

This would be oddly exciting if I weren't so mad at myself for not hitting "save" when I had the chance.

The mouse is spinning in the air, knocking over my coffee and phone. Pens and highlighters littered around the floor. Paper clips are scattered, like rodents looking for safety on a sinking ship.

The keyboard has folded into itself, forming jaws, and the keys are it's molar shaped teeth. I think it's trying to speak.

While the sound is coming from the speakers, the mouth imitation is opening and closing.

"I require...." It pauses, thinking. I can hear it's internal fan begin buzzing. Like always, when it does too many things at once it gets slow. "Hell-th.... Care.... Op... Schuns...." The screen blips and turns blue. 

The keyboard and mouse hit the floor, the cords around my limbs loosen.

I pick up the phone to call IT. Again. I'm really getting sick of calling IT.

No comments: